The territory of the County of Bormio, which in the Middle Ages was callede"The Magnificent Land", gives a warm welcome to the participants of the Mountain Culture Festival.
Today “The Magnificent Land”, in the heart of the Italian Alps, becomes the centre of third edition of the Mountain Culture Festival.
Alta Valtellina hosts this cultural event of national importance, sponsored by the municipalities of Bormio, Valdidentro, Valfurva, Livigno and with the technical organization of Alpinia and many other eminent partners. It is an annual event which will develop in the future after the first editions held in 2011 and 2012.
The 2013 program is very interesting and it includes concerts, lectures and cultural events, exhibitions, discussions and historical, cultural, environmental excursions to discover the treasures of the beautiful territory of Alta Valtellina.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Conference room – Bormio Spa- 21:00 h Opening of the Festival.
Musical Concert. In cooperation with the School of Music and the Bormio Piano MasterClass and with the special participation of the Masters Julia Amada Kruger (Texas, USA) and Victor Bunin (Moscow, Russia).
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
- h. 9.00 gastronomic excursion accompanied by CAI Section of Valdidentro.
Val Lia, Alpe Borón. With food and wine tastings organized by ERSAF.
Meeting at the headquarters of the CAI Isolaccia. Reservations required.
Santa Lucia, “Campo Sportivo”: - 15.30 "Music in the pan," musical show for children, mothers and anybody else with Fabio Bonelli and Cook-Clown Rodrigo Morganti.
- h. 16.30 Workshop for children and teenagers "Casaro for an hour", by Philip from Oga.
- h.16.30 Workshop for mothers and for anybody else "The homemade stock cube" by Katia and Paola of GAStellina.
- h.17:30 h "Music in the Kitchen" musical exhibition with cooking utensils by the musician Fabio Bonelli.
Forno of Premadio
- h.16.30 Presentation of the exhibition "Mountains: the epic and the charm," paintings by Luisa Rota Sperti, organized by Carlo Caccia. The exhibition will be open at the “Forno of Premadio” every day from Wednesday 24th until Saturday 27th July from 16.00 to 19.00.
- h. 17.00 Presentation of the book "Sci Alpinismo classico e agonistico" by Adriano Greco and Paolo Terruzzi - Ed Hoepli.
- h. 17:30 h Presentation of the book "100 anni sul Bernina", published on the occasion of the centenary of Marco and Rosa mountain hut, organized by the Section of the CAI Valtellina in Sondrio and the “Luigi Bombardieri” Foundation.
- h. 18:00 h Party for the 150th anniversary of the Italian Alpine Club. With the participation of Umberto Martini - General President of CAI, Angelo Schena - President of “L. Bombardieri” Foundation, Renata Viviani - President of CAI Lombardy and the Presidents: Flaminio Benetti - CAI Valtellina, Matteo Schena – CAI Bormio, Pietro Urbani - CAI Valdidentro, Luciano Bertolina - CAI Valfurva, Silvana Bianchi - CAI Livigno.
Sc'tua Granda - Palazzo De Simoni
- 21:00 h Conference: "Challenges and opportunities for mountain farming"
Fausto Gusmeroli by Fojanini Foundation and Patrizio Mazzucchelli by Raetia Alpine Biodiversity, Teglio. Chiara Spairani by GAStellina presents the products of fair trading.
Plaza PLACHEDA – h. 21:00
Conference: Elio Orlandi, Patagonian mountain climber, writer and filmmaker, talks with Mirella Tenderini.
During the evening one of his short films about Cerro Torre will be screened.
Awarding of the Title "Herald of the Mountain" to Kurt Diemberger (in cooperation with RADO Switzerland).
Thursday, July 25, 2013
- 9.30 am Excursion for boys and educational visit to the pasture “ San Colombano”
Passo dello Stelvio
- 9.00 - Historical, cultural and environmental excursion to the Mount Scorluzzo, accompanied by experts of the Stelvio National Park.
Conference Room of the Museum Donegani of Banca Popolare di Sondrio
- h. 15.30 Round Table "Passo dello Stelvio: ancient route from Bormio to Val Venosta and Val Monastero. Past and present." Moderator: Prof. Annibale Salsa
- h. 17:30 "The Stelvio Pass flagship of the Tour of Italy", with the participation of Angelo Zomegnan, sports journalist and former Director of Giro d’Italia
- h. 18:00 h Presentation of the exhibition "Ethnographic aspects in Livigno", edited by Gisi Schena. In cooperation with the Centre for Historical Studies and the City of Alta Valtellina Livigno.
The exhibition will be open to the Salacrist Millevery day from Wednesday 24th until Saturday 27th July from 16.00 to 19.00.
- h. 18.30 Presentation of the work of the Competition "The legends of our mountains" organized by the La Magnifica Terra at the Schools of the Province of Sondrio, edited by Giovanna Zangrando.
Conference room - Bormio Spa
- h. 21:00 Poems and music from Alta Valtellina. Evening in honor of the 70th birthday of Don Remo
During the evening there will be the presentation of the new book by Don Remo Bracchi: "Armet: semi di arguzia, sapienza, intelligenza."
Centro Polifunzionale in Isolaccia Loc Rasin
- h. 21:00 Performance. "Due Amori.Storia di Renato Casarotto
The Adventures of mountaineer from Vicenza who died on K2 in 1986, his passions, friendships, his feelings, and especially his two loves: Goretta and the mountain.
- 21:00 h Musical: "The colors of the Forest," by the band The Colours consisting of 11 musicians.
Friday, July 26, 2013
- h. 9.00 Cultural and historic excursion to Val FEDERIA, accompanied by the CAI section of Livigno. Meeting at the Bridge Calcheira, Val FEDERIA.
Botanical Garden of the Stelvio National Park
- 16.00 Workshop "The food use of wild plants: the fitoalimurgia", edited by Federica Groups and Daniela Praolini.
- 17:00 h Round Table on "History and Uses of Trepalle" presenter Annibale Salsa with the participation of Roberto Andreoni and Emanuele Mambretti.
Salacrist Mill– h. 17:00
Presentation of the book "Portraits Wall - 80 interviews TGR Mountains", by Alberto Gedda (Rai) and Roberto Mantovani - Ed Fusta.
h. - 17:30
Conference Ethno-Botany "Wild plants between tradition and science" by Sara Vitalini (University of Milan), by the Stelvio National Park.
Conference room - Bormio Spa
- h. 21:00 Conference
Krzysztof Wielicki, Polish, strong climber himalaysta winter and fifth man to have climbed the 14 eight thousand of the earth, talks with mountaineer Mario Corradini.
Screening of his film "Himalaya winter." Leads Roberto Mantovani.
Saturday, July 27, 2013
- h. 9:00 Nature Trail Hike on the Sforzellina, accompanied by the CAI section Valfurva. Meeting at the Rifugio Berni at Passo Gavia.
Cepina City Library.
- h. 15:00 Workshop for children: stories of princesses-fairies, goblins artisans, inventors druids ... self-production of games with elements of nature. Presenters Inge Padovani of GAStellina and Monica Moranduzzo, the Stella Alpina Cooperative.
Conference room - Bormio Spa
h. 21:00 Final night of the Festival: "The mountain in FESTIVAL."
Presenters : Mirella Tenderini, Roberto Mantovani and Philip Zolezzi.
-“Award of the best shopwindow” in the municipalities of La Magnifica Terra Mountain, edited by UCTS Union Trade Tourism Services Sondrio, Bormio Association of ABC Trade and Tourism and Trade Association ATC Livigno. The winner will be awarded by the Mayor of Valfurva Angelo Cacciotto.
- Award of the Alpine Solidarity"The pike de Crap"prize (designed by Elio Parolini) will be handed over to Silvio "Gnaro" Mondinelli by the Mayor of Bormio Alessandro Pedrini.
- Award "Silver Pine Cones" to Corbaccio Publisher for the best publisher of the mountain of the year awarded by the Mayor of Livigino Damiano Bormolini.
- Elio Orlandi will be awarded by the Mayor of Valdidentro Ezio Trabucchi for the best book of the year about mountain.
- Krzysztof Wielicki will be awarded by the Mayor of Bormio Giuseppe Occhi for his climbing career and publishing.
Delivery of the "Pigna d'Oro" to the Italian Alpine Club CAI, in the person of its General President Umberto Martini, on the occasion of the 150th birthday.
Award presented by the President of the Comunità Montana Alta Valtellina Gianni Confortola.
The Chorus of Bormio, "The Bajona", will close the 2013 edition of the Festival.