If you love nature, walks, companionship, music, authentic food and you are in Alta Valtellina for the last week of June, do not miss the 5th edition of "Walk and Enjoy." A walking, food and wine experience in the Stelvio National Park organized for June 23 in Valfurva.
The day will include walks through wildflower meadows, pastures and woods alternating with rest stops , sit comfortably and admire the scenery from the Paradiso chairlift and gondola Vallepiana, reaching an altitude of 2750 m.
Rest moments are accompanied by the tasting of genuine food and wine products of the Valtellina.
So that all can enjoy a pleasant day, the departure will take place starting at 8.00 am. Groups of 170 participants will depart every 20 minutes accompanied by an experienced friendly guide.
The route includes 11 stops, each one with the chance to sample typical wine and food of the Valtellina.
1. Piazza Magliavaca - 1738 m.
Gustapass - Start
2. Baita di Sel - 1800 m.
Tea and muffins
3. Baita di Lorenzin - 1935 m.
Rosumada - energy drink
4. Baite di Nasegn - 1738 m.
Freshly made mountain yogurt
5. La Fonte - 1738 m.
Local salami with Sciatt Valtellinese
6. Refuge Paradiso - 2000 m.
Buckwheat ravioli with porcini mushrooms
7. Refuge Palu - 2012 m.
8. Cresta Sobretta - 2750 m. (Viewpoint)
Beer and cold cuts of venison
9. Sunny Valley Lodge - 2670 m.
Polenta with venison stew
10. Baite Plaghera - 2080 m.
Mountain cheese with pears and honey
11. Ponte Vecchio Santa Caterina - 1738 m.
"Walk and Enjoy" sweet with coffee
Further along the path you'll find folkloristic entertainment and music, craft markets and gadgets that will appeal to everyone.
We recommend appropriate clothing and footwear for the mountain, a waterproof jacket and an umbrella in case of bad weather.
It is recommended to be at Gustapass at least half an hour before the time of departure.
Please complete registration by 21 June. You can find the registration form on the site www.camminaegusta.com along with all the other information.
My comments and advice:
• eat the night before a light dinner and show up with a good appetite, it would be a shame to miss even one of the delicious specialties.
• invite as many friends as you can, it's definitely more fun and exciting if done in good company.
• take the kids, it seems a long route (8 km), but done in this way is not at all exhausting.
• do not forget your camera, the scenery deserves to be immortalized.
• if the event seems difficult to manage, trust me, it's been organized impeccably in every detail.
Clarification of the food:
Rosumada: a drink made of eggs and sugar, best known as a pick-me-up. In a bowl whisk the egg whites, add the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture becomes creamy, add to your liking coffee or wine.
Sciatt: crunchy buckwheat fritters with a filling of cheese. The term 'sciatt' in Valtellina dialect means "toad" because of their irregular shapes.
Soup menedéi: a soup made with beaten eggs and flour, the mixture is then poured into the hot milk through a stainer.